President: Phillip Knowles
To all members,
Thank you first and foremost for an amazing 2019 season to all of our members,
whether a player or spectator. Like any season, we have had some positives and areas
to learn from.
I want to acknowledge firstly a couple of outstanding results.
Louis Ashby on winning the Under 12 boys league best and fairest . The under 12 boy’s team under guidance from coach Shane Maguire for making the finals for the first time in 7 years.
Our under 14 boys, under 16 girls and under 16 boys team, whom all faced a very
volatile competition that was inconsistent in matches, and I tip my hat to all those
players involved for their perseverance.
Under 16 girl’s team whom finished the season combined with the Tweed Coast tigers,
and won the premiership.
For our under 10 boys, whom we needed to split the teams due to playing numbers, and
creating for our first time a red and whites team.
Congratulations to Lochlan Maguire whom played his 150th match for the club this year.
There are some great achievements by all the above, congratulations to them all, and of
course thank you to the parents.
In 2019 we commenced to solidify the strong foundation of the “new swans’ that had
started in season 2018. This commenced with our increased committee of 10 people in a
season planning workshop at the Lismore Heights Sports Club, where an array of areas
were discussed on what we wanted to be...what the Lismore Swans JAFC was going to be
The key areas which was consistent in message were:
Development & Growth
Every project that the club focused on, was driven around these measures, to ensure
we provide a clear and concise vision to what we want.
To all of my committee this year, I thank you each and individually for the support to
myself and the club, and the passion you have shown I penned a motto at the start of the year, of keep moving forward. We as a club, to survive and prosper in an demographically challenging area and even more so fiscally disadvantaged economy, we would not stop....We did not.
In 2019, the club delivered the following
- Purchase of our new club marquee
- Launched our brand new website for all up to date information
- Hosted our sign on day at the Lismore Square SC with our senior club partners
- We successfully hosted the Sydney Swans and Gold Coast Suns in Lismore’s first
ever JLT match, in which the juniors and senior combined to run the canteen.
- We integrated with the Gold Coast suns and hosted a junior clinic day at local
schools, finishing at Oakes Oval.
- Attended our first community event, hosting an info tent with the Gold Coast
Suns at Lismore’s Eat the Street.
- We played host to the Gold Coast Suns Under 16 academy series at Oakes Oval,
where we played dinner and canteen hosts.
- Launched our first clinic for disadvantaged children at the Alstonville Community
Centre, and have already locked in events for 2020
- Signed our first community partner, The Lords Taverners
- Onboarded our brand new club sponsors in North Coast Wholesale & Distribution
(Major), Ghetto Babe & GS Coffee (Platinum), Baskin & Robbins and Goonellabah
Newsagency (Gold Sponsors)
- We transitioned our entire club identity to match our senior brothers and sisters,
with the roll out of a new playing strip and off field attire.
- Hosted our first indigenous and Pride rounds
So once again, we kept moving forward.
Thank you to everyone involved, and I look forward to even a bigger 2020